16-17 January 2021 - Cancelled!
Held over a weekend in January in the picturesque wine-producing hills between the cities of Verona and Vicenza, the Montefortiana draws around 20,000 or more participants every year, which makes it one of the most popular running and walking events in Italy.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, not all race distances will be available in 2021:
- Marcia per i sorriso dei bimbi (5km and 10km non-competitive charity run and walk)
- Passi nel tempo (guided walk for groups of up to ten people)
- Ecorun Collis (multi-terrain race: 26km with 900m of ascent)
- Ecomaratona Clivus (multi-terrain race: 45km with 1,900 metres of ascent)
- Ecomaratona “Aspettando la Montefortiana” (30km multi-terrain race; very hilly!) New!
- Marcia Montefortiana Falconeri (non-competitive run and walk: 6km, 9km, 14km and 20km; approximately 18,000 participants)
- Maratonina Falconeri (road race: 21.1km half marathon, hilly course)
- Gran Premio Pedrollo (kids' races: 300m - 2km)
Starting and finishing in the village of Monteforte d'Alpone, all routes are very scenic.
Map of the venue:
- 16-17 January 2021 - Cancelled!
- 22-23 January 2022
Race report and photos:
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.