Trieste (Italy), Sunday 4 May 2014
This popular running event in Italy's north-eastern corner offers three very scenic point-to-point routes along the Adriatic coast — 7km, half marathon and marathon.
All routes end on the magnificent main square of the port of Trieste.
The Bavisela Family 7km fun run draws approximately 8,000 runners and walkers every year. This is a non-competitive run without timekeeping.
Over 2,400 runners finished the Maratonina di Trieste half marathon race last year, and around 650 took part in the Maratona d'Europa marathon.
The marathon begins in the small town of Gradisca d'Isonzo. Along the route, runners pass the gigantic World War One Cemetery of Redipuglia, the shipbuilding town of Monfalcone, the castle and the cliffs of Duino, and the castle of Miramare.
Half marathon runners join the field at Duino, 7km fun runners at Miramare.
Most of the route is flat but there are some challenging hills around Duino. Overall, the course drops about 30 metres from start to finish.
The time limit to complete the marathon course is six hours.
- Gradisca d'Isonzo - Duino - Miramare - Trieste
- 4 May 2014 (Sunday)
- at 8.30 in Gradisca d'Isonzo
- at 9.50 in Duino
- at 10.00 at Miramare
- Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia, Trieste
- Marathon Expo on Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia, Trieste (2 and 3 May 2014, 10.00-19.00)
- in person at the Marathon Expo in Trieste
- no entries on the day
Entries (21.1km, 42.2km):
- online (up to 1 May 2014)
- late entries on 2 May and 3 May 2014
- no entries on the day
- entrants to the marathon and half marathon must provide a medical certificate at registration (and pay an extra €7) if they are not registered with a recognized athletics club
Entry fees (7km):
Entry fees (21.1km)*:
- €18 - €37 (online entries)
- €40 (late entries)
Entry fees (42.2km)*:
- €33 - €52 (online entries)
- €50 (late entries)
* not including additional fees for online payments, "desk registration", or bib pick-up on the day of the race (see event website)
You get (7km):
- goodie bag
- pre-race shuttle bus service to the start area
You get (21.1km, 42.2km):
- pre-race shuttle bus service to the start areas
- transport of personal clothing to the finish
- chip timing
- finisher medal
- massage service
- to the first 5 men and 5 women
Showers and changing facilities:
Number of finishers 2013:
- 21.1km: 2,437
- 42.2km: 643
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.