Ljubljana (Slovenia), Tuesday 13 June 2017
This mountain running event in Slovenia's capital city Ljubljana features a short but highly demanding uphill course.
The race features 360m of elevation gain over a 1.8km route.
Starting at the foot of Šmarna gora, Slovenia's most popular hiking destination, the race is run on well-trodden hiking trails.
The finish line is at the monastery that stands on top of the hill (669m).
The children's race kicks off at 5.30pm, the women's race at 6pm and the men's race at 6.30pm.
World-class mountain runners hold the course records — Azerya Teklay of Eritrea (11 minutes 11 seconds) and Mateja Kosovelj of Slovenia (13 minutes 18 seconds). The time limit to finish the race is 40 minutes.
- 13 June 2017 (Tuesday)
- Ljubljana-Tacen (9km from Ljubljana city centre, 19km from Ljubljana airport)
- 1.8km (+360m of ascent)
- 17.30: children born 2002-2010
- 18.00: women
- 18.30: men
- in Tacen, at the foot of Šmarna gora (ca. 500m from the race cente)
- Policijska akademija Tacen (Police Academy Tacen), Rocenska ulica 56, 1211 Ljubljana (on the day 16.30-17.30)
- online (up to 9 June 2017)
- late entries on the day
Entry fees (children):
- € 5 (up to 9 June 2017)
- € 10 (on 13 June 2017)
Entry fees (men, women):
- € 10 (up to 9 June 2017)
- € 15 (on 13 June 2017)
- Timing Ljubljana
- a souvenir gift
- transport of personal clothing to the finish
- snacks and drinks at the finish
- entry into the post-race prize drawing (children's race)
- to the first 6 men and 4 women and to the first 3 in each age group
- finisher medal to all children
- at 19.00 on the summit of Šmarna gora
Number of finishers 2016:
- 45 men
- 11 women
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.