Sappada (Italy), Sunday 8 July 2012
The Peralba Skyrace begins and ends in the very pretty village of Sappada which is situated at an elevation of over 1,200 metres in the Carnic Alps in northern Italy, close to the border with Austria.
Competitors run (or hike) 24 kilometres on mountain trails through beautiful and spectacular scenery which includes woods, moorland, flowery meadows, alpine lakes, stunning rock formations and fine views of the imposing Monte Peralba.
The route is very demanding as it features 1,650 metres of climbing (and the same of descent). The highest point on the course is on Passo del Mulo (2,356m).
The time limit to complete the course is 7 hours 30 minutes. It's allowed to use trekking poles.
Race report and photos:
- 8 July 2012 (Sunday)
- Sappada (95km from Udine, 164km from Venice, 171km from Klagenfurt, 208km from Ljubljana)
- 24km (+1,650m/-1,650m)
Start and finish:
- online (up to 6 July 2012, 12.00hr)
- payment by bank transfer
- race limit: 500 runners
- Borgata Fontana, Sappada:
- 7 July 2012 (16.00-19.00)
- on the day (up to 7.30)
- a souvenir gift
- pasta party after the race
- to the first 10 men and 5 women
Showers and changing facilities:
- Campo sportivo di Sappada
- at 14.30
Number of finishers 2011:
- 22km: 94
- 32km: 78
Event website (in Italian):
- www.camosci.it (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.