Muggia (Italy) - Koper (Slovenia), Sunday 18 September 2011
The port of Trieste as seen from Muggia
This international half marathon race starts in Italy and finishes in Slovenia.
The route is very scenic as it offers fine views of the ports of Trieste in Italy and Koper in Slovenia. The first half of the course is mostly flat, the second half is undulating.
The start is in the picturesque small town of Muggia which sits on the northern shore of a peninsula in the Gulf of Trieste. The route runs along the coastal road around the peninsula to Koper.
Participants run through vineyards, through the resort of Ankaran, through an industrial part of Koper and around Koper's old town. The finishing line is at the Taverna, a 15th-century salt warehouse.
The event includes a 9k fun run from Ankaran to Koper.
In 2010, the race had to be shortened due to flooding of parts of the course. The winners were Moroccan-born Lahcen Mokraji and Jemila Wortesa Shure of Ethiopia.
Duomo di Muggia
- from Italy to Slovenia
- 18 September 2011 (Sunday)
- 21.1km half marathon
- 9km non-competitive running, cycling and inline skating
- 21.1km: at 9.30 on Piazza Caliterna in Muggia (Slovene: Milje), Italy
- 9km: at 9.30 in Ankaran (Italian: Ancarano), Slovenia
- at the "Taverna" on Carpaccio Square in Koper (Italian: Capodistria), Slovenia
- online until 15 September 2011 with payment by credit card or bank transfer
- late entries on 16 and 17 September 2011
- entrants to the half marathon may have to provide a medical certificate at registration
Entry fees (21.1km):
- €15 (until 31 August 2011)
- €20 (until 15 September 2011)
- €25 (until 17 September 2011)
Entry fees (9km):
- €7 (until 17 September 2011)
- €2 (children 14 years and under)
- Ricreatorio Penso, Piazza della Repubblica 8, Muggia (16 and 17 September 2011, 16.00-20.00)
- in the start area (on the day until 9.00)
- bus service (before and after the race)
- transport of personal clothing from the start to the finish
- timing chip rental
- massage service at the finish
- pasta party after the race
- goodie bag
- to the first 10 men and 5 women
- to the first 3 in each category (prizes are not cumulative)
- to the first 15 men and 10 women
- at 11.30 (first 10 men and 5 women)
- at 12.30 (categories)
Number of finishers 2010:
Event website (in Italian):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.