Vienna (Austria), Saturday 1 October 2011
This tower running event in Vienna takes place in Austria's tallest building, the 171-metre-high Millennium Tower, completed in 1999.
The start is in the "Millennium City" shopping and entertainment centre. The finish line is on the tower's outdoor terrace on the 48th floor.
Runners are let off the start in 10 seconds intervals.
Competitors can choose to run up the tower once ("Millennium Tower Run-Up Light", 843 steps) or three times ("Millennium Tower Run-Up Extreme", 2529 steps).
The second run of the extreme version starts 10 minutes after the last runner has completed the first run. Then, the fastest finisher starts first, and the slowest starts last.
Race report and photos:
- Millennium Tower, Vienna
- 1 October 2011 (Saturday)
- "Tower Run-Up Light":
- 843 steps (48 floors)
- "Tower Run-Up Extreme":
- 3 x 843 steps = 2529 steps (144 floors)
- 15.00: "Light"
- 16.00: "Extreme"
- start at 10-second intervals
- Millennium City (Plaza), Handelskai 94-96, 1200 Wien
- Millennium Tower, terrace on 48th floor
- payment by credit card
- late entries on the day if entry limit has not been reached ("Light": 300 runners; "Extreme": 200 runners)
- €13 (until 23 September 2011)
- €20 (until 1 October 2011)
- ChampionChip - use your own chip or rent a chip for €3 (€30 deposit)
- Millennium City (Plaza):
- "Light" 12.30-14.30
- "Extreme" 13.00-15.00
- finisher medal
- trophies to the first 3 in each category
- at ca. 18.30 in the Millennium City (Plaza)
Number of finishers 2010:
- "Light": 118
- "Extreme": 51
Event website (in German):
- www.millenniumcityrun.at (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.