Bagnoli della Rosandra (Italy), Saturday 18 May 2013
Now in its fourth year, the Trail Jamarun in the north-east of Italy has established itself as one of the most attractive trail running events in the Run International Race Guide.
The event is held annually on a Saturday afternoon in mid-May in the small village of Bagnoli della Rosandra, just a few kilometres from the Adriatic port of Trieste.
For the first time, the race was almost sold out. The entry limit is 250 runners for the 13km trail race. The children's races on Sunday morning had about 150 participants.
The event offers everything a trail runner can ask for:
- an incredibly scenic route through the spectacular Val Rosandra gorge and up and down the beautiful Karst Plateau, which rises steeply from the coast
- a very challenging and technical course on hiking trails, gravel roads, scree fields, and on a little bit of asphalt roads as well
- marvellous organization with many friendly marshals and helpers on the course
- great atmosphere in the start/finish area on the village square
- chip timing, T-shirt and pasta party included in the entry fees (€15)
- fine prizes to the best finishers
- and plenty of fun at the after-race party, which featured wheelbarrow races and a tug of war competition (see photos below).
Results: 4. Trail Jamarun 2013
Race distance: ca. 13km (ascent +600m, descent -600m)
Men: 179 finishers
Women: 34 finishers
Race report and 18 photos:
Race report and 11 photos: