Saturday 3 June 2023
The Tek na Ratitovec is a mountain running event in Slovenia. It is held annually in the Škofjeloško hribovje (Škofja Loka Hills) which are located between the Julian Alps and Ljubljana, the capital.
In 2018, the event hosted the World Masters Mountain Running Championships (WMMRC).
The event offers these races:
- Ratitovec Junior:
- 1km up and down (+50m of ascent, -50m of descent)
- 1.5km up and down (+74m of ascent, -74m of descent)
- 2.5km up and down (+150m of ascent, -150m of descent)
- Ratitovec Panoramski tek:
- 6.7km uphill (+630m of ascent)
- Ratitovec Klasik:
- 10.8km uphill (+1,184m of ascent)
- Ratitovec Trail:
- 27km up and down (+1,400m of ascent, -1,400m of descent)
The 10.8km route takes the runners from the Športni park Dašnica in the small town of Železniki (452m) to the Krekova koča mountain hut (1,636m) which sits on the ridge of the Ratitovec massif.
The 6.7km route begins higher up in the hamlet of Prtovč (1,006m) and ends, like the 10.8km race, at the mountain hut on Ratitovec.
The kids' races are loop courses starting and finishing at the sports park in Železniki.
The 27km race is a new event. The route is a very demanding up-and-down loop course. The highest point is at the Krekova koča mountain hut.
Map of the venue:
27. Tek na Ratitovec:
- 3 June 2023 (Saturday)
Number of finishers:
- 6.7km: 39
- 10.8km: 80
- 3.9km: 5
- 10.8km: 80
- Event cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions
- 3.9km: 24
- 10.8km: 120
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.