Saturday 24 October 2020 - Cancelled!
The Banskobystrický maratón (Marathon Banska Bystrica) is a road running event held annually since 2012 in Banská Bystrica, a city of about 78,000 people, situated in the narrow Hron valley which cuts through Slovakia's mountainous heartland.
The first six editions of the race took place each year in September. Since 2018, the event has been held on a Saturday evening in June.
Runners can choose between these races:
- 4.2km minimaratón (minimarathon)
- 21.1km polmaratón (half marathon)
- 21.1km štafeta (relay race for teams of three runners)
- 42.2km maratón (marathon)
The half marathon is three laps and the marathon is six laps of a mainly flat and fast out-and-back course which begins and ends at the Europa SC shopping centre
The event also offers half marathon races for inline skaters, kickbike riders and handbikers.
Map of the venue:
9. Banskobystrický maratón:
- Saturday 24 October 2020 (postponed from 6 June 2020) - Cancelled!
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.