Saturday 28 August 2021
The Südtiroler Erdäpfllauf (Potato Run) is a running event held annually in August in Südtirol (Alto Adige), an autonomous province in the far north of Italy where the majority speak German as their first language.
Previously known as 3/4 Halbmarathon (Italian: 3/4 Mezza Maratona), the race is an undulating 17.6km point-to-point run on traffic-free roads and cycleways along the Tauferer Tal (Val di Tures), starting in the small town of Bruneck (Brunico) and finishing in the village of Sand in Taufers (Campo Tures).
Snow-capped mountain peaks and several castles on the hillsides (such as Burg Neuhaus, pictured below) provide an impressive backdrop to the course.
Map of the venue (blue: start; red: finish):
Number of finishers:
- 2020: Event cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak
- 2019: 574 runners and 7 handbikers
- 2018: 708 runners and 6 handbikers
- 2017: 695 runners and 4 handbikers
- 2016: 761 runners and 5 handbikers
- 2015: 782 runners
- 2014: 655 runners
- 2013: 703 runners and 3 handbikers
- 2012: 626 runners and 12 handbikers
- 2011: 515 runners and 3 handbikers
22. Südtiroler Erdäpfllauf:
- 28 August 2021 (Saturday)
- at 18.00 on Rathausplatz in Bruneck
- on Festplatz in Sand in Taufers
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.