Saturday 27 August 2022
The Potato Run (German: Südtiroler Erdäpfllauf) is a running event held annually in August in South Tyrol, an autonomous province in the far north of Italy where the majority speak German as their first language.
Previously known as 3/4 Mezza Maratona (3/4 Halbmarathon), the race is an undulating 17.6km point-to-point run on traffic-free roads and cycleways along the Val di Tures (Tauferer Tal), starting in the small town of Brunico (Bruneck) and finishing in the village of Campo Tures (Sand in Taufers).
Snow-capped mountain peaks and several castles on the hillsides, such as Castel Casanova (Burg Neuhaus, pictured below) provide an impressive backdrop to the course.
Map of the venue (blue: start; red: finish):
23. Potato Run:
- 27 August 2022 (Saturday)
- Rathausplatz, Bruneck
- Festplatz, Sand in Taufers
Number of finishers:
- 2021: 187 runners (competitive race) and 110 runners (fun run)
- 2020: Event cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions
- 2019: 574 runners and 7 handbikers
- 2018: 708 runners and 6 handbikers
- 2017: 695 runners and 4 handbikers
- 2016: 761 runners and 5 handbikers
- 2015: 782 runners
- 2014: 655 runners
- 2013: 703 runners and 3 handbikers
- 2012: 626 runners and 12 handbikers
- 2011: 515 runners and 3 handbikers
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.