Sunday 27 October 2019
The Marcia Internazionale delle Castagne ("International Chestnut Walk") takes place annually in late October in the village of Magnano in Riviera which is situated at the foot of the Julian Prealps in the Province of Udine in the north-eastern corner of Italy.
It's a hugely popular event that attracts around 4,000 or even more participants.
A marcia is not a race, it's a non-competitive event without timekeeping or results lists. You can run or jog or walk, whatever you prefer.
Four scenic routes are marked and marshalled, approximately 4km, 7km, 13km and 25km long. The course measurement takes into account the level of difficulty of the course. In reality, the routes are 3.3km, 5.7km, 11km and 20km long.
The longer routes are very challenging as they run on mixed terrain (asphalt, gravel and trails) up and down the densely-wooded alpine foothills.
21. Marcia Internazionale delle Castagne:
- 27 October 2019 (Sunday)
Map of the venue:
20. Marcia Internazionale delle Castagne:
- 28 October 2018 (Sunday)
- Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Magnano in Riviera (20km north of Udine)
- ca. 4km - 7km - 13km - 25km
- 8.00-9.00: 25km
- 9.00-10.30: 4km, 7km, 13km
- on the day in the start area (8.00-10.30)
- €3 (€2.50 for FIASP members)
- snacks and drinks on the course and at the finish
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.