Saturday 11 June 2022
The Bükki Hegyi Maraton (Bükk Mountain Marathon) is a multi-terrain running event held annually in the densely-wooded Bükk Mountains in Hungary.
The start/finish area is at Majális park on the eastern slopes of the mountains, approximately eleven kilometres from the historic centre of Miskolc, Hungary's fourth-largest city with a population of around 150,000 people.
Five races are available:
- 3.5km minimaraton (mini marathon for runners and hikers)
- 10.5km kismaraton (little marathon)
- 21km félmaraton (half marathon)
- 42.3km maraton (marathon)
- 4x10.5km maraton váltó (marathon relay)
The marathon is four laps of a very hilly 10.5km-long loop course through the forest. Each lap includes 330 metres of ascent.
Update (1 March 2022):
This year, the marathon and the half marathon will feature a different route. Details will be published on the official event website.
Map of the venue:
30. Bükki Hegyi Maraton:
- 11 June 2022 (Saturday)
- Királyasztal, Majális park, Miskolc, Hungary
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.