Sunday 24 October 2021
This marathon running event takes runners on a tour of Düsseldorf, a prosperous city of about 620,000 residents and capital of Germany's state of Nordrhein-Westfalen (North Rhine-Westphalia).
Entrants can choose between the full marathon and the half marathon.
There is also the option to form a team of four runners and run the 42.195km marathon as a relay. The route consists of four different loops, so the relay exchange areas are all in the city centre.
Starting on Joseph-Beuys-Ufer on the right bank of the Rhein (Rhine), competitors run along the river to the northern part of Düsseldorf, then to the western part of the city, then to the east and finally to the south.
The finish line is also on the right bank of the Rhine, about one kilometre south of the start area, on the edge of the Altstadt where you will find many bars, restaurants and beer halls.
The course is, except for a couple of bridges, mostly flat.
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- Event cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak
- 21.1km half marathon: 3,293 runners
- 42.2km marathon: 2,497 runners
- 42.2km relay: 2,321 teams
- 42.2km marathon: 2,732 runners
- 42.2km relay: 2,437 teams
- 42.2km marathon: 2,605 runners
- 42.2km relay: 2,424 teams
Düsseldorf Marathon 2021:
- Sunday 24 October 2021 (postponed from 11 April 2021)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.