Saturday 24 July 2021
The Městský běh Karvinou (‘Karviná Town Run’) in the Czech Republic is a running event for all ages and abilities. It offers:
- 200m, 400m, 800m kids races
- 800m fitness run for everyone
- 10km race
- 4 x 2.5km relay for mixed teams of four runners
Home to around 52,000 inhabitants, Karviná is located about 20 kilometres east of the city of Ostrava in the Upper Silesian Coal Basin, right on the border with Poland.
Starting on the main square of Fryštát, the historic core of Karviná, participants in the 10k race run four laps through the lovely town park, passing the Empire-style Zámek Fryštát (Fryštát Chateau).
The course is scenic, certified and mainly flat. Each lap includes a short ascent from the park to the chateau.
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers (10km):
- 2020: 62 individual runners and 5 relay teams
- 2019: 100 individual runners and 2 relay teams
- 2018: 114 individual runners and 3 relay teams
17. Městský běh Karvinou:
- 10 July 2021 (Saturday)
- 24 July 2021 (Saturday)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.