Saturday 24 October 2020 - Cancelled!
This road running event has been held each year in May since 2013 in the venerable Bohemian spa of Karlovy Vary (English: Carlsbad; German: Karlsbad) where many European notables like Goethe, Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Freud and Marx sought exercise and inspiration.
The start and the finish are on the edge of Smetanovy sady (Smetana Park) which is home to the monumental Alžbětiny Lázně (Elizabeth Baths), the largest balneological facility in the city:
The course is gently undulating and consists of three loops. The first and the third loop take the runners along the Teplá river through the spa area with its many magnificent historic buildings. The second loop runs through residential areas to the KV Arena, Karlovy Vary's state-of-the-art hockey arena, which is situated on the western outskirts of the city.
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- 21.1km: 2,785 runners
- štafeta: 71 relay teams
- 2Run: 196 relay teams
- 21.1km: 2,686 runners
- štafeta: 82 relay teams
- 2Run: 186 relay teams
8. 1/2Maraton Karlovy Vary:
- Saturday 24 October 2020 (postponed from 16 May 2020) - Cancelled!
- 1/2Maraton (21.1km half marathon)
- 1/2Maraton štafeta (21.1km relay race for teams of four runners: 3x5km+6.1km)
- 2Run (21.1km relay race for teams of two runners: 10km+11.1km)
- rodinný běh (3km non-competitive family run)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.