Sunday 12 September 2021
The Wallerseelauf is a running event held at the Wallersee, a five-and-a-half-kilometre-long lake located in a morainic landscape on the northern edge of the Alps, approximately fifteen kilometres from the city of Salzburg in Austria.
Several races are on offer to make it a day out for the whole family:
- 200m-400m-800m-1.6km Kinderläufe (children's races)
- 10.2km Rupertilauf (run and nordic walking)
- 21.1km Halbmarathon (half marathon)
- 21.1km Staffellauf (relay race for teams of two runners)
The start/finish area is in the town of Seekirchen am Wallersee, which is easy to reach by train from Salzburg.
The half marathon is one loop around the lake. It largely follows the Wallersee-Rundweg, a very scenic round-the-lake hiking path. The course is undulating to hilly and is run on a mix of asphalt roads and gravel paths through woods and farmland.
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- Event cancelled
- 10.2km: 76 runners and 11 walkers
- 21.1km: 126 runners and 11 relay teams
- 12 September 2021 (Sunday)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.