Berlin (Germany), Saturday 28 July 2018
The 5k and 10k races of the annual City Night draw the crowds to the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche (Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church), the main landmark in the western part of Germany's capital Berlin.
Starting and finishing near the church, the 5k is an out-and-back run along the Kurfürstendamm boulevard.
The 10k begins with a 5.5km loop through the city centre. Then, it's out and back the "Ku'damm".
The route is flat and fast.
Last year, the 10k race had more than 5,500 finishers. The winners were Philipp Pflieger of Germany (29 minutes 36 seconds) and Czech athlete Eva Vrabcová-Nývltová (33 minutes 24 seconds). The time limit to complete the course is 90 minutes.
- Kurfürstendamm, Berlin
- 28 July 2018 (Saturday)
Start time and race distance:
- 19.10: 10km inline skating
- 19.50: 5km run
- 20.30: 10km run (start in three waves)
Start and finish:
- on Kurfürstendamm, near the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
- online (up to 12 July 2018)
- late entries on 27 and 28 July 2018
- reduced entry fees for young athletes born 1999 or later
Entry limit (!):
- 10km inline skating: 1,500 skaters
- 5km run: 1,500 runners
- 10km run: 7,500 runners
Entry fees (5km and 10km run):
- € 17 (up to 25 May 2018)
- € 22 (up to 12 July 2018)
- € 27 (up to 28 July 2018)
Entry fees (5km run without timekeeping):
- € 10 (up to 25 May 2018)
- € 12 (up to 12 July 2018)
- € 14 (up to 28 July 2018)
- ChampionChip — use your own chip, rent a chip (€ 4) or buy a chip (€ 31)
- Karstadt Sports, Joachimstaler Strasse 5-6 (27 and 28 July 2018, 10.00-19.30)
- drinks on the course and at the finish
- finisher medal
- yes (in tents)
Supervised bag storage:
- yes (€ 5)
Number of finishers 2017:
- 5km run: 817
- 10km run: 5,538
- 10km inline skating: 585
Event website (in German and English):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.