Bratislava (Slovakia), Saturday 23 September 2017
Held yearly on a Saturday afternoon in September, this ženský beh (women's run) in Slovakia's capital Bratislava offers two races, 4km and 10km long.
The start and the finish are at the modern Eurovea business and retail centre, which is situated on the left bank of the River Danube, a 10-minute walk from Bratislava's beautiful historic centre.
The 4km route runs through the Old Town, across the impressive Most SNP (pictured below), through the Sad Janka Kráľa park, and then across the Starý most (Old Bridge) back to the Eurovea centre.
Participants in the 10km race run across two more massive Danube bridges, so they cross the river four times.
Both routes are very scenic. From the bridges, there are great panoramic views of the city centre!
Last year, many runners produced fine finishing times, despite the high temperatures which reached around 30°C in the afternoon.
Ľuboslava Dobócziová won the 4k race in a time of 16 minutes flat, leading an international crowd of 801 ladies across the line. Jana Úradníková (41 minutes 25 seconds) was the fastest of 354 finishers in the 10k race.
This year, the event will be held two weeks later than last year, and temperatures are expected to be moderate and runner-friendly.
Race report, photos, results, details:
Race information: 6. dm ženský beh 2017:
- 23 September 2017 (Saturday)
- Bratislava (65km from Vienna, 131km from Brno, 200km from Budapest, 333km from Prague)
Start and finish:
- Eurovea, Pribinova ulica (Pribinova Street)
Start time and race distance:
- 14.00: 4km
- 16.00: 10km
- Eurovea (21 and 22 September 2017, 12.00-19.00; on the day 10.00-13.00)
- online (up to 20 September 2017, 18.00)
- in person in Bratislava (21 and 22 September 2017, 12.00-19.00; on the day 10.00-13.00)
- € 10 (entries 1-555)
- € 12 (entries 556-...)
- VOS-TPK bib chip timing (included in the entry fees)
- goodie bag
- finisher medal
- showers, changing facilities, bag storage
- entrants can order a technical T-shirt for the price of €20
Number of finishers 2016:
- 4km: 801
- 10km: 354
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.