Vienna (Austria), Sunday 12 November 2017
The Sie + Er Lauf ("She + He Run") in Austria's capital Wien (Vienna) is a road race for mixed relay teams of one female and one male runner.
Each member of the team runs four kilometres. Teams can decide themselves who runs first.
The race takes place on Hauptallee, the main avenue through the Prater, Vienna's largest public park. The route is out and back, closed to all traffic and completely flat.
Competitors run one kilometre eastwards (towards the Lusthaus, pictured), back to the start/finish area, then one kilometre westwards (towards the famous Ferris wheel), and back again.
More than 1,500 pairs finished the race last year. The entry limit is 1,800 pairs, and, although the registration fees are anything but trivial (€ 44 per team for early birds), you can expect the event to be sold out again well ahead of time.
Race information: 34. Sie + Er Lauf
- 12 November 2017 (Sunday)
Start and finish:
- Prater Hauptallee, near Stadionbadparkplatz
- 4km + 4km (two-person relay run)
- in the Ernst Happel Stadion (Friday 10 November 2017, 13.00-18.00; on the day 9.00-10.00)
- online (from 1 September 2017)
- entry limit: 1,800 teams
- reduced entry fees for runners born 1999 or later
Entry fees per runner:
- € 22 (up to 15 September 2017)
- € 25 (up to 30 September 2017)
- € 29 (up to 31 October 2017)
- € 32 (late entries)
- ChampionChip — use your own yellow chip or rent a green chip (€ 4)
- drinks at the finish; certificate (online)
Showers, changing facilities:
- Ernst-Happel-Stadion (10.00-13.00)
Number of finishers 2016:
- 1,503 teams
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.