Schmiedefeld am Rennsteig (Germany), Saturday 20 May 2017
The Rennsteiglauf takes runners along the Rennsteig, a long-distance hiking trail that follows the ridge of the Thüringer Wald (Thuringian Forest) in Central Germany.
Last year, the event recorded about 12,000 finishers in three races:
|Race distance||Ascent||Descent||No. of finishers 2016|
All three races feature very hilly point-to-point multi-terrain routes.
The half marathon starts off in the winter sports resort of Oberhof, the marathon in the small town of Neuhaus, and the ultra marathon on the main square of Eisenach, the town that is home to the famous Wartburg Castle.
The finish line is in the resort of Schmiedefeld am Rennsteig.
In addition to the above races, the event offers cross races for juniors and for runners with special needs, as well as a 17km route for walkers and nordic walkers.
- Schmiedefeld (188km from Leipzig, 221km from Frankfurt, 326km from Munich, 350km from Berlin)
- 20 May 2017 (Saturday)
- at 7.30 in Oberhof (820m)
- at 9.00 in Neuhaus am Rennweg (787m)
- at 6.00 in Eisenach (215m)
- in Schmiedefeld am Rennsteig (711m)
- online or by post (up to 25 April 2017)
- late entries on the day (42.2km, 73.5km)
- entries to the half marathon close 25 April 2017
Entry fees (21.1km):
- € 40 (up to 30 November 2016)
- € 45 (up to 28 February 2017)
- € 50 (up to 25 April 2017)
Entry fees (42.2km):
- € 45 (up to 30 November 2016)
- € 50 (up to 28 February 2017)
- € 55 (up to 25 April 2017)
- € 60 (up to 20 May 2017)
Entry fees (73.5km):
- € 55 (up to 30 November 2016)
- € 60 (up to 28 February 2017)
- € 65 (up to 25 April 2017)
- € 70 (up to 20 May 2017)
- ChampionChip — use your own chip or rent a chip for € 5 (deposit: € 25)
- in the start areas (on 19 May 2017 and on the day of the race)
- a meal (Klöße/dumplings; on Friday in the start areas)
- transport of personal clothing from start to finish (in provided bags)
- refreshments on the course and at the finish
- finisher medal, certificate (online)
- T-shirt to Supermarathon finishers
- 21.1km, 42.2km: free bus service from Schmiedefeld to the start areas (before and after the race)
- 73.5km: bus service from Schmiedefeld to Eisenach (after the race, € 10)
- 11.00: 21.1km
- 14.00: 42.2km and 73.5km
Event website (in German and English):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.