Šmarješke Toplice (Slovenia), Sunday 11 June 2017
The Šmarješki tek in Slovenia offers multi-terrain races for all ages and abilities, 300m, 600m, 2km and 8km long.
With approximately 200 to 300 participants, it's a relatively small running event, held in a lovely location amid the rolling hills of the Dolenjska region, about half-way between the cities of Ljubljana and Zagreb.
Starting at the thermal spa of Terme Krka in the village of Šmarješke Toplice, the 8km race features an undulating loop course through woods and parkland.
On the day of the event, participants get free entry to the outdoor pools of Terme Krka to ease the legs after the run.
- 11 June 2017 (Sunday)
- Šmarješke Toplice (10km from Novo Mesto, 71km from Zagreb, 77km from Ljubljana)
Start time and race distance:
- 10.00: 8km
- 10.05: 2km
- 11.15: 300m and 600m children's races
Start and finish:
- Športni park Terme Krka
- advance entries online (up to 9 June 2017)
- late entries in person the start/finish area (on the day 8.00-9.30)
- runners born 2002 or later: €5
- runners born 2001 or earlier: €12
- bib chip timing (included in the entry fees)
You get (not guaranteed for late entries):
- goodie bag
- a meal after the race
- free entry to the outdoor pools of Terme Krka
- to the first three men and three women in the 8km race
- to the first three of each age group in each race
Number of finishers 2016:
Number of finishers 2015:
- 300m: 59
- 600m: 17
- 2km: 63
- 8km: 73
Event website (in Slovene):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.