Bohinjsko jezero (Slovenia), Saturday 19 August 2017
The Tek štirih srčnih mož okoli Bohinjskega jezera ("Four-Brave-Men Run around Lake Bohinj") takes runners around Bohinjsko jezero, Slovenia's largest lake, situated in the Triglav National Park in the Julian Alps.
The route is 11km long and undulating.
Participants run on mixed terrain (forest trails, gravel and asphalt) anticlockwise around the lake, mostly through forests close to the shore.
The award ceremony is held at the spomenik štirim srčnim možem, a monument to the four brave men who climbed in August 1778 to the summit of Triglav (2,864m). They were the first men to reach the peak of Slovenia's highest mountain, which rises to the north of Lake Bohinj.
- Ribčev laz, Bohinj (26km from Bled, 80km from Ljubljana, 85km from Klagenfurt, 117km from Udine)
- 19 August 2017 (Saturday)
- ca. 11km
- at 10.00 (?) at the bridge at the eastern end of the lake
- at Hotel Jezero (near the start area)
- late entries on the day
- runners from outside Slovenia can pay the entry fees in cash (on the day of the event)
- € 23 (up to 17 July 2017)
- € 27 (up to 30 July 2017)
- € 30 (on 19 August 2017)
- free parking (opposite Hotel Kristal)
- shuttle bus service from the car park to the event venue
- child care (9.30-11.30)
- at 13.00 at the "monument to the four brave men" in Ribčev Laz
Number of finishers 2016:
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.