Schwarzenberg (Germany), Sunday 20 August 2017
The Schwarzenberger Edelweißlauf is held annually on a summer Sunday morning in the beautiful old mining town of Schwarzenberg which is situated in the Erzgebirge (Ore Mountains) in Germany, near the border with the Czech Republic.
These races are available:
||Race distance||Number of finishers 2016|
|10.00||5km||Walking / Nordic Walking||12|
The route is a very scenic (yet hilly and challenging) 2.5km-long loop. Each lap features approximately 50 metres of ascent.
Starting on Markt, the small cobbled main square in the picturesque Altstadt (Old Town), ...
... the race takes the runners around the Schlossberg (Castle Hill) and along the River Schwarzwasser.
The event takes place on the final day of the Altstadt- und Edelweißfest, a three-day street festival that celebrates the Schwarzenberger Edelweiß which has grown in the town since it was unintentionally imported from Spain in the 19th century:
- Schwarzenberg (Chemnitz 46km, Karlovy Vary 48km, Dresden 119km, Leipzig 120km)
- 20 August 2017 (Sunday)
- at the Stadtinformation, Oberes Tor 5 (near the start/finish area)
- online (up to 18 August 2017, 20.00)
- late entries on the day (up to one hour before the start)
Entry fees (15 years and under):
- no entry fees (up to 18 August 2017)
- €3 (on 20 August 2017)
Entry fees (16 years and over):
- €7 (up to 18 August 2017)
- €10 (on 20 August 2017)
Entry fees (walking / nordic walking):
- €2.50 (up to 18 August 2017)
- €5.50 (on 20 August 2017)
- finisher medal and certificate
- Gymnasium Schwarzenberg Haus 1, Bermsgrüner Straße 2
Number of finishers 2016:
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.