Varaždin (Croatia), Sunday 18 September 2016
Held annually in the second half of September in the town of Varaždin in northern Croatia, the Varaždinski polumaraton offers a half marathon, a 5km race and children's races.
The new half marathon course consists of two laps — a 5km-long loop through the town centre and a 16.1km-long loop through the southern parts of Varaždin.
The start and the finish are on Kapucinski trg (Capuchin Square) on the edge of the very beautiful Baroque Old Town.
The race takes the runners through the historic centre, around the castle (pictured) and through residential areas.
All in all, the route may not be super scenic but the course is certified and very flat, so it gives you the opportunity to run a fast time, if that's what you're after.
- 18 September 2016 (Sunday)
- Varaždin (87km from Zagreb, 143km from Graz, 185km from Ljubljana, 276km from Budapest)
Start time and race distance:
- 500m-1km (children's races)
- Kapucinski trg
- in the start/finish area (on the day 7.30-9.30)
- online with payment by bank transfer
- late entries on the day
- HRK 20
- HRK 50
- HRK 100 (up to 13 September 2016)
- HRK 120 (up to 18 September 2016)
Exchange rate (September 2016):
- HRK 100 = ca. €13.35
- T-shirt, juice and sweets
- T-shirt, medal, certificate with photo, lunch and drinks after the race
Showers and changing facilities:
- medals to the first 3 finishers
- medals to the best finishers
- to the first 3 men and 3 women and to the first 3 men and 3 women from Croatia
- medals to the first 3 in each age group (prizes are not cumulative)
- at 13.00
Number of finishers 2015:
- 21.1km: 318
Event website (in Croatian):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.