Kőszeg (Hungary), Sunday 11 September 2016
Held for more than 30 years in Kőszeg, a delightful small town on the Hungary-Austria border, the História Futás is a popular running event that attracts more than 800 runners of all ages and abilities.
Kőszeg's old town with its medieval castle and its many protected buildings, surrounded by vineyards and wooded hills, is absolutely worth a visit!
The História Futás commemorates the year 1532 when a few hundred soldiers defended the town successfully against an army of 80,000 Turks.
The event offers kids' races, a 1,532-metre run and a 9-kilometre race.
Starting on Kőszeg's main square, participants in the 9km race run three laps of a gently-undulating course through the historic town centre and neighbouring residential areas.
- 11 September 2016 (Sunday)
- Kőszeg (Vienna 115km, Graz 124km, Maribor 177km, Budapest 219km)
Start time and race distance:
- 13.15-14.30: 300m-500m-1.25km-2.5km (children's races)
- 15.00: 1.532km (mass race)
- 15.30: 9km (main race)
Start and finish:
- Fő tér (main square)
- children's races: by e-mail or in person in the Cultural Centre at the Jurisics Castle in Kőszeg (5-8 Sep 2016)
- 1.532km: on the day before the start
- 9km: by e-mail or in person in Kőszeg, Rajnis utca 9 (on the day 10.00-14.30)
- children's races: HUF 200 (ca. EUR 0.64)
- 1.532km: HUF 100 (ca. EUR 0.32)
- 9km: HUF 2,000 (ca. EUR 6.44)
- children's races: to the first 3 boys and girls in each age group
- 1.5km: to the first 3 men and women
- 9km: to the first 3 men and women and to the winners in each age group
Showers and changing facilities:
- yes (for 9km runners)
Number of entrants 2015:
- children's races: 367
- 1.532km: 394
- 9km: 104
Event website (in Hungarian):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page. Please vist the official event website to verify the above information.