Sunday 12 September 2021
Held each September in Kőszeg, a delightful little town situated near the Hungary-Austria border, the História Futás is a road running event that attracts several hundred runners of all ages.
The event commemorates the year 1532 when a few hundred soldiers defended the town successfully against an army of 80,000 Turks.
It offers the following race options:
- 300m-500m-1.25km-2.5km (children's races)
- 1.532km ('mass race')
- 9km (main race)
Starting on Fő tér, Köszeg's main square (pictured), the 9km run is three laps of a gently-undulating course through the historic town centre, which is home to a medieval castle and many protected buildings, and through neighbouring residential areas.
Map of the venue:
Number of participants:
- children's races: (?)
- 1.532km: (?)
- 9km: 65 runners and 3 relay teams (3x3km)
- children's races: 329 runners
- 1.532km: 29 runners
- 9km: 100 runners and 8 relay teams (3x3km)
- children's races: 338 runners
- 1.532km: 25 runners
- 9km: 86 runners and 13 relay teams (3x3km)
38. História Futás:
- 12 September 2021 (Sunday)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.