4th Winter Running Series 2016-2017
Vysoké Tatry (Slovakia), November 2016 - February 2017
Set in the imposing Vysoké Tatry (High Tatras) mountain range in Slovakia, the zimná bežecká séria (Winter Running Series) consists of four multi-terrain races. Each race features a different venue and a different route, between 4km and 7km long.
The series is held annually between November and February. At least in January and February you can expect snow or ice on the course.
The first three races take place on the slopes of the mountain range, at elevations between 700 and 1,000 metres. The fourth and final race of the series is held high up in the mountains at the Horský hotel Sliezsky dom, which is situated at 1,670 metres above sea level at the Velické pleso lake — a truly spectacular location!
- Región Vysoké Tatry
Date — Place — Race distance:
- 1st race: 12 November 2016 — Tatranská Lomnica — women 4km, men 7km
- 2nd race: 10 December 2016 — Horný Smokovec — ca. 7km
- 3rd race: 14 January 2017 — Veľká Lomnica — ca. 6km
- 4th race: 11 February 2017 — Tatranská Polianka — ca. 6km
- late entries on the day if the race limit has not been reached
Entry fees for each race:
- € 7 (up to the end of the month preceding each race)
- € 10 (late entries)
Entry fees for the whole series:
- € 22 (up to 31 October 2016)
- snacks and drinks after each race
- medals/trophies to the best finishers in each race and in the whole series
Number of finishers 2015-2016:
- 1st race: 131
- 2nd race: 135
- 3rd race: 101
- 4th race: 110
Event website (in Slovak and English):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page! Please visit the official event website to verify the above information.