Brno (Czech Republic), Saturday 26 September 2015
The 5|10 Mil Brnem is held in the city centre of Brno, the second-largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of about 400,000.
Four races are on offer: 1/2 mile and 1 mile for children, 5 miles (ca. 8.05km), and 10 miles (ca. 16.1km).
The 5 miles is one lap and the 10 miles is two laps of a unique and challenging course which begins and ends on the inner ring road that encircles Brno's Old Town.
Starting at 8pm, the route takes the runners up and down two hills which are crowned by the two most imposing landmarks in the city—Špilberk Castle (pictured above) and the Cathedral of St Peter and Paul (pictured below).
The course provides not only a true test of your skills but also lasting memories as it winds its way through the castle grounds and the inner courtyard of Špilberk and through the narrow cobbled streets of Brno's historic centre.
Participants can take their time to enjoy the many sights along the route. The time limit to finish the race is two hours for the 5 miles and three hours for the 10 miles.
- Czech Republic
- Brno (125km from Vienna, 129km from Bratislava, 206km from Prague, 326km from Budapest)
- 26 September 2015 (Saturday)
- 1/2 mile (805 metres) for children
- 1 mile (1,609 metres) for children
- 5 miles (8,046 metres)
- 10 miles (16,093 metres)
- 19.00: children's races
- 20.00: 5 miles and 10 miles
Start and finish:
- at Hotel International on Husova ulice
- online (up to 31 August 2015)
- late entries on 25 September 2015 and on the day of the race
Entry fees (up to 31 March/30 June/31 Aug/24 Sep/26 Sep 2015):
- 5 miles: CZK 300/350/450/600/700
- 10 miles: CZK 350/400/500/600/700
- children's races: CZK 100
- CZK 100 = ca. €3.65
- chip timing
- drink stations on the course and at the finish
Changing facilities, bag storage:
Prizes (5 miles):
- to the first 3 in each category
Prizes (10 miles):
- to the first 3 M/F and to the first 3 in each category
- at 22.00 in the start/finish area
Number of finishers 2014:
- 5 miles: 404
- 10 miles: 356
- children's races: 61
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.