Debrecen (Hungary), October 2015 - March 2016
Held annually on six Saturdays between October and March, the Oxigén Kupa race series is one of the most popular running events in eastern Hungary.
Each event attracts around 500 to 700 runners of all ages and abilities. Overall, almost 1,300 runners took part in last year's Oxigén Kupa.
The event offers children's races (1.5km, 2.5km), a 5km race (two laps) and a 10km race (four laps).
All races are held on the gently-undulating trails of the protected Nagyerdő (Great Forest) which spreads to the north of Debrecen, Hungary's second-largest city with a population of over 200,000 people.
The event does not charge any entry fees. You just need to pay a small one-time fee for the bib chip, which you can use in all events of the series.
Event details: 9. Oxigén Kupa 2015-2016
Venue (Map): Nagyerdő (Great Forest), Debrecen
- 1st event: 17 October 2015 (Saturday)
- 2nd event: 14 November 2015 (Saturday)
- 3rd event: 5 December 2015 (Saturday)
- 4th event: 9 January 2016 (Saturday)
- 5th event: 13 February 2016 (Saturday)
- 6th event: 19 March 2016 (Saturday)
Start time and race distance:
- 10.00: 1.5km (children born 2008 and younger)
- 10.20: 2.5km (children born 2007-2004)
- 10.40: 2.5km (children born 2003-2001)
- 11.00: 5km (children born 2000-1999)
- 11.30: 5km (men and women)
- 12.15: 10km (men and women)
Start/finish area: in the forest, ca. 500 metres north of the north-western corner (Gate III.) of the Public Cemetery (Köztemető), Benczúr Gyula Street (Benczúr Gyula utca)
Route: course map
Entries: online; late entries on the day (up to 30min before the start)
Entry fees: no entry fees
Timekeeping: bib chip timing — entrants must pay a one-time fee of 1000 HUF (ca. 3.20 EUR) for the bib
Prizes: medals to the first 3 M/F in each race; certificate and T-shirt to all runners who take part in at least three events
Number of finishers 2014-2015: 54 (1.5km), 281 (2.5km), 523 (5km), 401 (10km)
Event website: frissoxigen.hu
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.