4th ‘Oxigén Great Forest Marathon’ 2013
Debrecen (Hungary), Saturday 28 September 2013
Debrecen University is situated in the Great Forest Park
The Oxigén Nagyerdei Maraton takes place on the sandy trails of the Nagyerdő (‘Great Forest’) which is situated on the northern edge of the city of Debrecen in eastern Hungary.
Entrants can choose between the half marathon or the marathon. All entries are free!
Participants in the 42.2-kilometre marathon run eight laps of a gently undulating course through the forest. The half marathon consists of four laps.
Last year the event was held in November. Around 300 runners from four countries took part in the races.
- Debrecen (182km from Košice, 230km from Budapest, 433km from Bratislava, 475km from Vienna)
- 28 September 2013 (Saturday)
- 21.1km half marathon
- 42.2km marathon
Start and finish:
- in the forest, about 500 metres north of the north-western corner (Gate III.) of the Public Cemetery (Köztemető), Benczúr Gyula utca (Benczúr Gyula Street)
- online or by e-mail
- late entries on the day (9.00-10.30)
- no entry fees
- in the start area (Friday 27 Sep 2013, 17.00-18.30; on the day 9.00-10.30)
- pasta party on Friday (reservation until 25 September 2013)
- snacks and drinks on the course
- finisher certificate
- to the first three men and three women
Number of finishers 2012:
- 21.1km: 224
- 42.2km: 61
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.