‘Castle Run 2013’
Szigliget (Hungary), Saturday 12 October 2013
The Várfutás is a delightful small running event, held annually on the Szigliget peninsula on the northern shore of Lake Balaton, Central Europe's largest lake.
Both races (6km and 10km) begin at the sports pitch in the village of Szigliget and end in the medieval fortress that towers on a volcanic hill high above the lake.
Most of the route is flat or undulating but the climb to the finish is pretty steep. Finishers are awarded fantastic panoramic views.
Please visit our Photo Report: Várfutás 2012 to learn more about the event.
Race information: Várfutás 2013
- 12 October 2013 (Saturday)
- Szigliget (20km from Keszthely, 180km from Budapest, 195km from Vienna, 206km from Zagreb)
- 6km (individual runners and relay teams)
- 10.00: 10km
- 10.30: 6km
- at the sports field (sportpálya) in Szigliget
- Szigliget Castle
- on the day 8.30-10.00
- no entry fees!
- snacks and drinks
- free entry to Szigliget Castle
- at 12.00 at Szigliget Castle
Number of finishers 2012:
- 40 adults and 31 children
Event website (in Hungarian):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.