Siófok (Hungary), Saturday 11 May 2013
Entrants to the Wink Maraton in Hungary can choose between a full marathon, a half marathon or a half marathon relay for teams of three runners.
The route is a very flat 7,032-metre loop through the resort of Siófok which sits on the southern shore of Balaton, Central Europe's largest lake.
Participants in the marathon run six laps. The half marathon is three laps.
In 2013, the start and the finish will be at the newly-renovated 100-year-old Water Tower, which stands on the edge of Siófok's main square.
Approximately 600 metres of each lap are run on the lakeside promenade but most of the route runs along Siófok's tree-lined avenues with its many turn-of-the-century villas.
Last year, about 50 runners took part in the marathon, and 130 completed the half marathon. The marathon winners were Gábor Józsa (2:21:28) and Mirella Kiss (3:22:50). The time limit to finish the marathon is five hours.
- Siófok (103km from Budapest, 235km from Vienna, 242km from Zagreb, 362km from Ljubljana)
- 11 May 2013 (Saturday)
- 21.1km relay (3 x 7km)
Start and finish:
- at the Víztorony (Water Tower) on Siófok's main square
- online (up to 1 May 2013)
- late entries on the day (7.00-9.00)
Entry fees (42.2km):
- HUF 5000 (up to 24 March 2012)
- HUF 7000 (up to 1 May 2012)
- HUF 9000 (up to 11 May 2012)
Entry fees (21.1km):
- HUF 4000 (up to 24 March 2012)
- HUF 5000 (up to 1 May 2012)
- HUF 8000 (up to 11 May 2012)
Entry fees (21.1km relay, per person):
- HUF 1000 (up to 24 March 2012)
- HUF 1500 (up to 1 May 2012)
- HUF 2000 (up to 11 May 2012)
- HUF 1000 = ca. €3.36 (January 2013)
- at the start (10 May 2013, 16.00-18.00; on the day 7.00-9.30)
- technical T-shirt and finisher medal (21.1km and 42.2km)
- chip timing
- two aid stations per lap
- pasta party and concerts after the race
Prizes (42.2km, 21.1km):
- to the first three in each age group
- at 16.00
Number of finishers 2012:
- 42.2km: 53
- 21.1km: 130
- 21.1km relay: 5 teams
Event website (in Hungarian and English):
- www.winkmaraton.com (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.