10th "Zagreb's Four Squares" 5K Race
Zagreb (Croatia), Sunday 25 September 2011
Četiri zagrebačka trga is a 5k race held in the city centre of Zagreb, capital of Croatia.
Organized by the Zagreb Police, the event charges no entry fees. The first 100 finishers get a T-shirt.
Participants run two loops of a scenic course through Donji grad ("Lower Town"), an area of 19th-century apartment blocks, museums, theatres, academies and parks.
The start and the finish are at the music pavilion in Zrinjevac, a small park popular for romantic walks under 100-year-old plane trees.
The route touches Jelačić Square (Trg bana Jelačića), Zagreb's main square and focal point, Strossmayer Square (Strossmayerov trg) with the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, and Marshal Tito Square (Trg maršala Tita) which is home to the Croatian National Theatre.
In 2010, over 200 runners took part in the race. The top finishers were Siniša Majdandžić (16:06) and Marija Lukina (20:23).
Race report, results and photos:
- 25 September 2011 (Sunday)
- 200m - 700m - 1,200m children's races
- 1.2km for athletes with special needs
- 11.00-11.40: children's races
- 12.00: 5km and 1.2km
Start and finish area:
- Zrinjevac Park (Trg Nikole Šubića Zrinskog)
- on the day of the race in the start area (until 11.30)
- no entry fees
- T-shirt to all children and to the first 100 finishers in the 5K race
- trophies and medals
- (?) in the police building on Strossmayer Square (Strossmayerov trg)
Number of finishers 2010:
- 210 finishers in the 5k race
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information on this page.