12th Custoza Marathon 2011
Sommacampagna (Italy), Sunday 8 May 2011
Participants run across the Visconti Bridge, an over 600-year-old fortified dam.
In May 2011, runners will get the last opportunity to participate in this beautiful marathon in northern Italy. The 12th edition of the race will be the final one.
The start and the finish of the marathon are in a leafy park in the village of Sommacampagna, situated half-way between Verona and Lake Garda.
The route is very hilly and scenic as competitors run through the wine-growing region around the hill-top village of Custoza, home of the Bianco di Custoza, a fresh and dry white wine.
Participants also run across the 650-metre-long Visconti Bridge, through the village of Borghetto with its picturesque watermills, and along the River Mincio, which is highly popular with anglers.
Most of the route is on asphalt roads. Some sections are on trails or dirt roads.
The event features low entry fees, plenty of fine food, and fine prizes to all finishers. In 2010, the winners were Marco Boffo (2:34:43) and Lorena di Vito (3:01:51).
- 8 May 2011 (Sunday)
- Sommacampagna (Verona 13km, Lake Garda 15km, Venice 126km, Milano 145km
Start and finish:
- at Villa Venier
- 42.2km marathon race
- 6km-11km-21km-42km non-competitive run and walk
- by e-mail or by fax; payment by bank transfer or in cash on the day of the race
- entries close 5 May 2011
- entry limit 1000 runners
- 25 euros
- at the sports hall near the start (Saturday 14.00-18.00)
- at Villa Venier (on the day 7.00-8.00)
- chip timing
- T-shirt and cap
- finisher medal
- three bottles of wine
- local products
- pasta party after the race
- free accommodation in the sports hall before the race (bring your own sleeping bag)
- product prizes to the first 8 men and 5 women and to the first 5 in each age group
Showers and changing facilities:
- in the sports hall near the start
Number of finishers 2010:
- 678 (42km)
- www.maratonadelcustoza.it (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.