Corsa Podistica Femminile - Merano Women's Run 2011
Meran-Merano (Italy), Saturday 4 June 2011
Ladies only are allowed to take part in the Frauenlauf in Meran (Italian: Merano), a beautiful spa town in Italy's alpine province of South Tyrol where most people speak German as a first language.
The route is approximately five kilometres long.
Participants run along the lovely promenades that follow the Passer (Passirio) river.
Girls under 16 years of age run shorter distances.
In 2010, Helga Rauch led a field of 319 women home in a time of 18 minutes 55 seconds.
- Meran-Merano (30km from Bozen-Bolzano, 150km from Innsbruck, 180km from Verona)
- 4 June 2011 (Saturday)
- 1km (6-13 years)
- 2km (14-15 years)
- ca. 5km (16 years and over)
- 17.30: 1km
- 17.45: 2km
- 18.30: 5km
Start and finish:
- Sandplatz-Piazza della Rena, Meran-Merano
- entries close 1 June 2011 or when the entry limit of 500 runners has been reached
- runners living in Italy must provide a medical certificate at registration
- 5km: €20
- 1km, 2km: €2
- Sandplatz-Piazza della Rena (on the day from 14.00)
- goody bag
- chip timing
- warm-up aerobics
- souvenir gift
- to the first 3 overall and to the first 5 in each category
- team prizes
Showers and changing facilities:
- Jahn-Turnhalle (sports hall), Galileistrasse
- at 20.30 on Sandplatz-Piazza della Rena
Number of finishers 2010:
- 5km: 319
Event website (in German and Italian):
- www.frauenlauf.it (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.