Nova Gorica (Slovenia), Sunday 19 April 2009
The race travels across the border into Italy and around the castle in Gorizia.
The Vivicitta is an international running event that takes place in more than 50 cities and towns around the world. It has its origin in Italy and aims at promoting "sport for all", health, solidarity and peaceful coexistence. Each Vivicitta event offers a 12km race and a non-competitive run or walk.
This Vivicitta event features a flat, fast and scenic route through two countries — Slovenia and Italy.
The start and the finish are in Nova Gorica in Slovenia, a modern town founded in 1947. "New Gorizia" is hugely popular with visitors from Italy who go there to gamble in the casino.
Approximately half of the race travels through Gorizia in Italy, a 1,000-year-old town with elegant parks, villas and palazzi, dominated by a 13th-century castle.
Map of the venue:
- Nova Gorica
- 19 April 2009 (Sunday)
Start and finish:
- in front of the train station in Nova Gorica
- in the start area (on the day from 9.00)
- €2.50 for athletes aged 18 years and under
- prize raffle
- refreshments on the course and at the finish
- to the first 3 men and 3 women
- to the first 3 in each category (1993-1990, 1989-1973, 1972+)
Event website (in Slovene):
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.