Sunday 5 April 2009
The Kirschblüten Panorama Lauf ("Cherry Blossom Panoramic Run") draws around 300 runners to the village of Purbach am Neusiedlersee, which is situated about four kilometres from the western shore of the Neusiedler See, Austria's largest lake.
The event offers a 4km run and an 11.5km race which takes the runners on undulating roads through the appealing ‘Kirschblütenregion’.
Last year, the fastest finishers in the 11.5km race were Martin Gansterer (40:40) and Klaudia Meisterhofer (45:12).
- 5 April 2009 (Sunday)
- Purbach am See (31km from Sopron, 50km from Bratislava, 57km from Vienna)
Start and finish area:
- Am Kellerplatz
- €12 (up to 31 March 2009)
- €15 (late entries on the day)
- Schulzentrum (on the day from 10.00)
- cakes after the race
- entry into the prize drawing (4km)
- showers and changing facilities
- €100 to the first man and woman
- vouchers for the NIKE factory store in Parndorf
- trophies to the first three in each category
- at 17.30
Number of finishers 2008:
- 4km: 47
- 11.5km: 259
- Kirschblütenlauf (out of date)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.