Saturday 20 June 2020 - Cancelled!
Held for the first time in 1953, the Kysucký maratón is Slovakia's second-oldest marathon race.
It features four undulating out-and-back road races through the hills of the Kysuce region in the far north of the country:
- minimaratón (mini marathon for young athletes)
- polmaratón (half marathon)
- maratón (marathon)
- maratónska štafeta (marathon relay for teams of four runners)
Starting and finishing in the town of Čadca, which is near the borders with Czechia and Poland, the route follows two rivers—the Kysuca and the Bystrica.
The turnaround point for the marathon is at the Slovenský Orloj (Slovak Astronomical Clock), one of the most magnificent modern buildings in Slovakia, situated in the village of Stará Bystrica.
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- Event cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak
- 21.1km: 79
- 42.2km: 68
- 42.2km relay: 11 teams
46. Kysucký maratón:
- 20 June 2020 (Saturday) - Cancelled!
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.