Tuesday 31 December 2019
BOclassic is a road running event for all abilities, held annually on New Year's Eve in the city of Bolzano (German: Bozen), capital of Italy's alpine province of South Tyrol.
Starting on Piazza Walther (German: Waltherplatz), the main square (pictured above), all races are held on a 1.25km loop course through the Old Town.
This is the schedule for 2019:
- 12.00: Just for Fun (non-competitive fun run and walk): one, two, three or four laps
- 13.00: Amateur Run: four laps = 5km
- 13.50: Youth Cup (children's races): one or two laps
- 14.30: Handbike (non-competitive race): four laps = 5km
- 15.00: Elite Women: four laps = 5km
- 15.30: Elite Men: eight laps = 10km
Every year, the course is lined with spectators watching the 5k and 10k elite races which have attracted many of the world's best distance runners.
Map of the venue:
- 31 December 2019 (Tuesday)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.