Thursday 31 December 2020
BOclassic is a road running event for all abilities, held annually on New Year's Eve in the city of Bolzano (German: Bozen), capital of Italy's alpine province of South Tyrol.
Starting on Piazza Walther (German: Waltherplatz), the main square (pictured above), all races are held on a 1.25km loop course through the Old Town.
This is the schedule for 2019:
- 12.00: Just for Fun (non-competitive fun run and walk): one, two, three or four laps
- 13.00: Amateur Run: four laps = 5km
- 13.50: Youth Cup (children's races): one or two laps
- 14.30: Handbike (non-competitive race): four laps = 5km
- 15.00: Elite Women: four laps = 5km
- 15.30: Elite Men: eight laps = 10km
Every year, the course is lined with spectators watching the 5k and 10k elite races which have attracted many of the world's best distance runners.
Map of the venue:
- 31 December 2020 (Thursday)
- Elite races only! The races will take place outside the city centre and without spectators.
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.