Sunday 22 September 2019
Held in the Fränkisches Seenland (Franconian Lake District) in Germany's state of Bayern (Bavaria), the Seenlandmarathon offers races for runners of all ages:
- 300m Bambinilauf (children 7 years and under)
- 1.5km Schülerlauf (children 6-13 years)
- 5.2km Hobbylauf
- 21.1km Halbmarathon (half marathon): run, walking, nordic walking
- 42.2km Marathon
- 42.2km Marathon-Staffel (relay for teams of up to six runners)
Starting and finishing in the small town of Pleinfeld, which is about 45 kilometres south of the city centre of Nürnberg (Nuremberg), the marathon is two laps of an undulating course around the Großer Brombachsee (pictured). The route includes approximately 420 metres of ascent.
The race is run on a mix of asphalt and gravel roads. The difference between the lowest and the highest point on the course is about 70 metres.
Participants in the half marathon run one lap around the lake (ca. 240 metres of ascent).
Both the half and the full marathon course have been accurately measured and certified by the German Athletics Federation DLV.
Map of the venue:
- 22 September 2019 (Sunday)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.