Sunday 26 April 2020 - Cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak!
The Hannover Marathon is a road running event held yearly in the spring in the city of Hannover (Hanover), capital of the state of Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony).
It offers races for the whole family and is, with well over 20,000 entries, one of the biggest running events in the northern part of Germany.
Starting and finishing at the Neues Rathaus (New Town Hall; pictured), the 10k, the half marathon and the marathon routes are mainly-flat single-loop courses through urban and green areas, passing many of Hanover's best sights.
Map of the venue:
30. Hannover Marathon: Cancelled! New date: 18 April 2021
Date and race distance:
- Saturday 25 April 2020
- ca. 800m Kinderlauf (kids' run)
- ca. 3.2km Fun Run
- Sunday 26 April 2020
- 10km Lauf (Run)
- 10km Walking, Nordic Walking
- 21.1km Halbmarathon (half marathon)
- 42.2km Marathon
- 42.2km Marathon-Staffel (relay for teams of 2-6 runners)
- 42.2km Handbike Marathon
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.