Saturday 4 April 2020
The Kyffhäuser Berglauf has been held yearly since 1979 in the Kyffhäuser hill range in the state of Thüringen (Thuringia) in Germany.
It's a multi-terrain event for:
- Bambinilauf (kindergarten children's run)
- 2km-Schülerlauf (children's run)
- 6km-Lauf (6k run)
- 14.9km-Lauf (14.9k run)
- 22.2km-Halbmarathon (22.2k half marathon)
- 42.2km Bergmarathon (42.2k mountain marathon)
- walkers and hikers:
- geführte Wanderungen (guided walks)
- mountain bike riders:
All races begin and end in Bad Frankenhausen, a very pretty old spa town that sits at the foot of the Kyffhäuser.
The marathon route, which features more than 600 metres of ascent, takes the runners up to the highest peak of the hill range, the Kulpenberg (473m), and to the imposing Kyffhäuserdenkmal, Germany's third-largest monument:
Map of the venue:
42. Kyffhäuser Berglauf:
- 4 April 2020 (Saturday)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.