Organized by the 100 Marathon Club Deutschland, the Öjendorfer See Marathon is a running event held seven times per year in the eastern part of Hamburg, Germany's second-largest city.
On average, each event has about 100 participants. The race limit is 150 entries.
The route is a 3,776-metre loop on hard-packed gravel paths around a very pretty bathing lake, the Öjendorfer See, which is surrounded by woods and parkland.
Three races are available:
- 11.33km: three laps
- 22.66km: six laps
- 42.2km: eleven laps plus 660 metres out and back in the first lap
All races kick off at 9am. The course will be closed at 3pm. Runners with an expected finishing time above five and a half hours can, by arrangement with the race organizers, start one hour earlier (at 8am).
Map of the venue:
Öjendorf Marathons 2020:
- 1 February 2020 (Saturday)
- 7 March 2020 (Saturday)
- 4 April 2020 (Saturday) - cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak
- 5 September 2020 (Saturday) - cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions
- 10 October 2020 (Saturday) - cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions
- 7 November 2020 (Saturday) - cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions
- 28 December 2020 (Monday)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.