Saturday 15 January 2022
The Leipziger Wintermarathon is a marathon race for teams of three runners, held annually in the winter in the city of Leipzig in Germany's state of Sachsen (Saxony).
Each runner runs the full marathon. The three team members must run and finish the race together. It is not possible to start as an individual athlete. Runners are allowed, however, to finish the marathon if team members have to drop out of the race.
The route is a flat 4.2km loop on asphalt and gravel paths through two wooded parks, Die Nonne and Clara-Zetkin-Park, which are separated from each other by the Elsterflutbett canal (pictured).
Teams can still decide during the race if they really want to try to run ten laps of this course (42.2km marathon) or if it would be more sensible for them to finish the race after five laps (21.1km half marathon).
The time limit to complete the course is five and a half hours.
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- Event cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions
- 57 marathon teams (25 male, 6 female, 26 mixed)
- 41 half marathon teams (11 male, 7 female, 23 mixed)
- 10 runners finished the marathon without a complete team
- 53 marathon teams (22 male, 3 female, 28 mixed)
- 46 half marathon teams (13 male, 9 female, 24 mixed)
- 2 runners finished the marathon without a complete team
- 59 marathon teams (29 male, 7 female, 23 mixed)
- 18 runners finished the marathon without a complete team
- 48 marathon teams (26 male, 3 female, 19 mixed)
- 11 runners finished the marathon without a complete team
- 75 marathon teams (41 male, 7 female, 27 mixed)
- 12 runners finished the marathon without a complete team
13. Leipziger Wintermarathon:
- 15 January 2022 (Saturday)
- 11. Leipziger Wintermarathon 2020
- 10. Leipziger Wintermarathon 2019
- 9. Leipziger Wintermarathon 2018
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.