Sunday 9 May 2021
Maisel's Fun Run is a running event held each May in Bayreuth, an old town of about 75,000 people in the state of Bayern (Bavaria), Germany.
It's essential to register early for this event as it will surely sell out.
Every year, around 3,000 or more runners take part in these races:
- 400m Bambinilauf (children 7 years and under)
- 800m Kinderlauf (children 11 years and under)
- ca. 5km Fitnesslauf (fitness run)
- ca. 10.6km Viertelmarathon (quarter marathon)
- 21.1km Halbmarathon (half marathon)
Starting and finishing at the Brauerei Maisel, one of Germany's largest producers of Weissbier (wheat beer), the Fun Run takes place on the final day of Maisel's Weissbierfest, a four-day beer festival that is held annually at the brewery.
The half marathon is two laps of an undulating sightseeing route through the historic centre, the baroque Hofgarten park and the university campus in the southern part of Bayreuth.
It also visits the lovely Röhrensee pond and Villa Wahnfried where Richard Wagner worked on some of his operas.
The race is run on mixed terrain (mostly on asphalt with some sections on gravel paths or on cobbles).
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- 18. Maisel's Fun Run 2020:
- Event cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak
- 17. Maisel's Fun Run 2019:
- 5km: 641
- 10km: 1,410
- 21.1km: 560
- 16. Maisel's Fun Run 2018:
- 5km: 541
- 10km: 1,448
- 21.1km: 640
Maisel's Fun Run 2021:
- 9 May 2021 (Sunday)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.