Saturday 12 September 2020
The Festivalový půlmaraton Zlín (‘Festival Half Marathon Zlín’) offers the opportunity to combine running a road race with visiting the Zlín Film Festival, a highly-respected international event for film fans of all ages, held every year since 1961.
Five races are available:
- 1km černí koně (handbike race for children)
- 1.4km rodinný běh (family run)
- 10.5km čtvrtmaraton (quarter marathon)
- 21.1km půlmaraton (half marathon)
- 21.1km štafeta (4 x 5.25km relay)
The start and the finish are in the city centre of Zlín, an industrial city that stretches along the valley of the Dřevnice river in Moravia in the eastern part of the Czech Republic.
Participants in the half marathon run two laps of a mostly-flat 10.5-kilometre loop course. A few sections are undulating.
The route runs along both banks of the river as well as through the factory grounds where Tomáš Baťa founded the Bata Shoes company in 1894 (pictured).
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- 10.5km: 476
- 21.1km: 527
- 21.1km relay: 138 teams
- 10.5km: 392
- 21.1km: 498
- 21.1km relay: 92 teams
5. Festivalový půlmaraton Zlín:
- Saturday 12 September 2020 (postponed from 6 June 2020)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.