Saturday 28 October 2023
The Vinařský maraton ('Wine Marathon') is a running event held annually in late October in a wine-producing region in the Jihomoravský kraj (South Moravian Region) in the Czech Republic, near the borders with Austria and Slovakia.
Starting in the small town of Velké Bílovice, the route is a very scenic 21-kilometre multi-terrain loop through rolling countryside, visiting the villages of Čejkovice and Vrbice.
The půlmaraton (half marathon) is one lap of this course. The maraton is two laps.
Either race is open to individual athletes and relay teams of up to eight runners.
Entry spots are limited and may fill up early.
In addition to the above races, the event offers a 1.5k non-competitive fun run, the Vinařská míle (‘wine mile’).
Map of the venue:
8. Vinařský maraton:
- 28 October 2023 (Saturday)
Number of finishers:
- 21km: 362 individual runners and 19 relay teams
- 42km: 116 individual runners and 19 relay teams
- 21km: 278 individual runners and 25 relay teams
- 42km: 120 individual runners and 14 relay teams
- Event cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions
- 21km: 411 individual runners and 24 relay teams
- 42km: 107 individual runners and 12 relay teams
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.