Saturday 4 September 2021
Held every year in early September (or late August) in the small Schilcher wine region in the Steiermark (Styria) state in Austria, the Schilcherlauf is a popular and atmospheric road running event that attracts well over 1,000 participants.
It offers races for all ages:
- 300m, 1.1km, 2.2km (kids' races)
- 5.25km (run and nordic walking)
- 10.5km (run and nordic walking)
- 15.75km (run)
- 21.1km half marathon (run)
- 4 x 5.25km team run (runners start together; finisher times are combined to give a team result)
All races begin and end in Stainz, a village with about 1,800 residents and a Baroque castle on top of a hill, located approximately 27 kilometres from the city of Graz and 62 kilometres from Maribor in Slovenia.
Starting on Hauptplatz, the main square (pictured), the route is a 5.25km loop through Stainz and nearby agricultural land. Each lap includes 35 metres of ascent.
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- Event cancelled
- kids' races: 143
- 5.25km run: 376
- 5.25km nordic walking: 139
- 10.5km run: 286
- 10.5km nordic walking: 36
- 15.75km run: 57
- 21km run: 129
- 4 x 5.25km relay: 29 teams
- 4 September 2021 (Saturday)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.