9-10 October 2021
This road running event is held annually over a weekend in October in Graz, capital of the state of Steiermark (Styria) and Austria's second-largest city with a population of about 280,000.
Offering a variety of race distances, the event has something for everyone:
- on Saturday afternoon:
- 120m Bambini Sprint
- 600m Familienlauf (family run)
- 1km, 2km, 3km Junior Marathon (children's races)
- 5km City Run & Nordic Walk
- on Sunday morning:
- 10.5km Viertelmarathon (quarter marathon)
- 21.1km Halbmarathon (half marathon)
- 42.2km Marathon
- 42.2km Staffelmarathon (relay for teams of four runners)
All routes are mostly flat, starting and finishing at the Opernhaus (Opera House) in the city centre.
The quarter marathon takes the runners through the southern part of Graz, along the River Mur and through the Old Town.
Participants in the half marathon also run a loop to the northern outskirts of the city.
The full marathon is two laps of the half marathon course.
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- 10.5km: 807
- 21.1km: 1,565
- 42.2km: 407
- Event cancelled
- 10.5km: 1,506
- 21.1km: 2,709
- 42.2km: 549
- 10.5km: 1,561
- 21.1km: 3,009
- 42.2km: 650
- 10.5km: 1,645
- 21.1km: 2,741
- 42.2km: 592
Graz Marathon 2021:
- Saturday 9 October and Sunday 10 October 2021
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.