8-9 October 2022
This road running event is held annually over a weekend in October in Graz, capital of the state of Steiermark (Styria) and Austria's second-largest city with a population of about 290,000.
Offering a variety of race distances, the event has something for everyone:
- on Saturday:
- 120m Bambini Sprint
- 600m Familienlauf (family run)
- 1km, 2km, 3km Junior Marathon (children's races)
- 4km Hundelauf (dogs' run)
- 5km Team Run (for teams of three runners)
- 5km Nordic Walk
- on Sunday:
- 10.5km Viertelmarathon (quarter marathon)
- 21.1km Halbmarathon (half marathon)
- 42.2km Marathon
- 42.2km Staffelmarathon (relay for teams of four runners)
All routes are mostly flat, starting and finishing at the Opernhaus (Opera House) in the city centre.
The quarter marathon takes the runners through the southern part of Graz, along the Mur river and through the Old Town.
Participants in the half marathon also run a loop to the northern outskirts of the city.
The full marathon is two laps of the half marathon course.
Map of the venue:
Graz Marathon 2022:
- Saturday 8 October and Sunday 9 October 2022
Number of finishers:
- 10.5km: 807
- 21.1km: 1,565
- 42.2km: 407
- Event cancelled
- 10.5km: 1,506
- 21.1km: 2,709
- 42.2km: 549
- 10.5km: 1,561
- 21.1km: 3,009
- 42.2km: 650
- 10.5km: 1,645
- 21.1km: 2,741
- 42.2km: 592
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.