16-17 October 2021
The Kärnten Marathon boasts a scenic route through the fields and wetlands of the Bleistätter Moor which is located between the small town of Feldkirchen and the 10-kilometre-long Ossiacher See (Lake Ossiach) in the province of Kärnten (Carinthia) in Austria.
The 42.195-kilometre marathon course is undulating (192 metres of ascent) and is run on a mixture of asphalt and gravel roads.
Starting and finishing in Feldkirchen, the route features two short laps through the town, three laps through the moor, and an out-and-back run along the northern shore of Lake Ossiach to the resort of Bodensdorf.
It also passes through some pretty rural areas.
The event is held annually over an autumn weekend and offers races for all abilities:
- 1km/2km Juniormarathon (kids' run)
- 5km Feldkirchner Stadtlauf (5k run and walk)
- 10.5km Viertelmarathon (quarter marathon run and walk)
- 21.1km Halbmarathon (half marathon run and walk)
- 42.2km Marathon
- ca. 50km Super Marathon
Map of the venue:
Number of finishers:
- 5km: 40 runners and 14 walkers
- 10.5km: 112 runners and 13 walkers
- 21.1km: 93 runners and 10 walkers
- 42.2km: 118 runners
- 50km: 22 runners
5. Kärnten Marathon:
- 16-17 October 2021 (postponed from 2-3 October 2021)
No guarantee is made as to the accuracy or thoroughness of the information on this page.